Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ten random thoughts

  1. The peanut butter blondies, which ended up being dense and fudgy, were amazing. I have yet to make anything from a Joy the Baker recommendation that wasn't.
  2. This is not limited to, but including: Strawberry Coffee Cake, Maple Pancake Muffins, Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Root Beer Float Cake. Oh my.
  3. I love not bringing home leftovers from a potluck. It feels like I won a prize!
  4. This is sometimes difficult to remember, but often when kids are up to their least lovable behavior, they need unconditional love (and patience) the most.
  5. I can't believe it's already Sunday night. On some level, I'm in denial about that.
  6. I may also be in denial about whether I'm going to finish my book, in which case I ought to just return it to the library and pay the fine. [Too much of the co-author's voice.]
  7. I don't normally watch Guy Fieri, but watching him make "fair food" at home amuses me.
  8. Another amusement: rediscovering websites I love but have somehow managed to forget about. Not reading for a couple of months provides me with a treasure trove of reading. [Could be another reason I've neglected my book.]
  9. Listening to Ray Lamontagne makes me happy.
  10. So does writing every day.

No comments: