Sunday, February 01, 2009

Down time

Finally, a chance to just relax is rounding out the week. I came back from CT on Tuesday night, and launched into a frantically busy and trying week. Friday night could not come fast enough....but it eventually came. Ah. We had yummy veggie burritos for dinner and I was asleep by 11:00.

Yesterday I had my haircut, then Lou and I went grocery shopping while Pete went out for ice melting stuff. The driveway was getting way out of hand, and none of us owns a pair of ice skates. When the girl and I returned, he was shoveling off the roof....fun. We did some stuff around the house, watched Lidia on TV and had pedis. Then Miss Megan came over and Pete and I went out for dinner and drinks!

So far today, I've managed to change sheets and do laundry....I also made a sweet potato-black bean casserole (from Moosewood New Classics) and curried chicken salad and roasted some beets. Since the numbers for Sri's gathering today have dwindled, we decided to have a visit later this month, and I will look forward to seeing her and Omar (and maybe Phil) then. Pete went out to run an errand, so it looks like Lou and I will just hang out till a little later and then maybe head over to the McGoughs' around 5 or 6 to "watch football".

I might put a movie for the Lou on in a few, which would enable me to maybe spend some time on this:

Now that I finally have the hang of it, I shouldn't have too much time left to spend on these. Of course, I still need to block and find appropriate ribbon for lacing. Oh, and knit another one.

Then there's this....because someone has a birthday coming up and needs a new hat.....

I am also studiously ignoring the fact that tomorrow is Monday. Perhaps the return of Mr. Walkie will make Monday easier. We shall see....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat is going to look so FAB in those colors!!! LOL ...see you soon, Ang

Lori said...

Heehee! Sad thing is, I could probably get it done by Pat's birthday....Sunday? maybe not so much....
See you soon!