Wednesday, April 07, 2010

6 am

This is how early I need to be awake to find any time for writing (or the treadmill, or reading, for that matter). It's actually kind of nice today- the gathering dawn is gray out there, but I'm curled up here in the warm glow of one lamp.

Today I will need to go with the flow. Follow the to-do list, in order, but be flexible. There's always something on fire- or, that needs immediate attention- so why allow sudden change to derail the day or the mood? It's only work.

Last night I left work early-ish for me on a Tuesday...I stopped just over the bridge to take pictures of the dusky world around me.



Maybe today there will be more sunshine. But no matter. Here are five things I plan for today:
  • A productive day at work, without drama.
  • Time with the family tonight- dinner with the girl, seeing the man when he gets home.
  • Some house stuff (laundry, tidying of piles...). Leaving it all for the weekend just puts a damper on a few days off.
  • Working on Lou's sweater.
  • Early bedtime, for once.
  • Keep looking around....spring is everywhere!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Nothing more comforting than being curled up in bed watching the sky as dawn approaches, yet nothing more exhilarating than being out and about as it rises :)

Lori said...

So true! :)