Tuesday, September 04, 2007

And then.....

After the fair we went to Barnstead to have dinner and spend the night. The Lou slept on an air mattress for the first time and was very excited. It would have gone a lot better had I remembered that it gets cold at night, and brought suitably warm jammies/blankets for her. Ah well. We did have fun.







Sunday the Lou and I did some grocery shopping and some grappling, since she was overtired. Yes, I took her to Hannaford wearing her lambie headband (but I drew the line at the rainboots). Yes, I got the "car cart" even though I cannot pilot them worth a damn. Yes, I ran into a colleague in produce as my lambie-headbanded child ate a cookie and screeched about produce at the top of her lungs. I'm a good mom, really. You just can't tell right now.

We went home and informed Pete we'd be going out to dinner.

Yesterday we were invited to the Works with the NoBer Nasons for a swim in the pool. We had such a good time, and I was so impressed by what I saw of the facilities, that I'm actually considering getting a membership. Awesome (and inexpensive) childcare while you work out, all kinds of classes, and- a crucial point- they open at 5 am. I think the only way it would work for me would be to get up at stoopid o'clock and head to the gym before anyone else wakes up, and get back to the house before anyone else wakes up. Pete and I are tired of being the Mayor and First Selectman of Fat City...moreover it's good to be healthy, right? Right.

So...back to the wringer. At least it's a short week. Headed to Salem today/tonight. The one thing I can say for term starts is that the chaotic busy-ness makes the day move very quickly. Off to get more coffee....



1 comment:

Barngirl said...

Woo Hoo! We hope you join!
Lots of good times.