Monday, June 18, 2007

On fire (for me, anyway)

A sudden rash of finished-object productivity. The pattern was free (love knitty.com), Lou picked the colors, and it really was pretty easy. Despite my hatred of seaming, the seams are beauteous, if I do say so myself. You'll just have to take my word for it.

The first time I showed it to her, she flat out refused to try it on. Okay, so the seaming wasn't done. I tried again once it was complete. She obliged, with the I'm-humoring-you-Mama vibe, then screeched at me to "get it off me!" Will you wear it another time? I asked. "No, I doesn't."

She seemed to like it a bit better when she saw it in the pile of things to be packed. "That's MINE."








We shall see. I might be making more of them, possibly in larger sizes. I might be working on one right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man! You are good!!!