Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday news

Big big news! My good friend Amy and her husband Troy had their baby early this morning! A boy, Nathan Robert, 8 lbs 6 oz. He was only two days late....such a good thing, cause she was so ready! He is their first child, not a girl named Sweetie as Charlotte predicted, and I am so damn excited I can't even stand it. I'm going to wait till later to call- I am sure they are inundated with family right now, and I know she needs her rest.

In other news, since getting up at 7:30 this morning, we've made potato salad (Cook's Illustrated All-American Potato Salad) and pasta salad (whole grain 4-color rotini, assorted veggies, a bit of italian salad dressing). We've also been the the grocery store (Pete) and made banana cupcakes (me and Lou). The banana cupcakes are a Fannie Farmer recipe, and I'm doing a honey whipped cream frosting for them. Yum yum yum.....

The Lou is a great helper in the kitchen. She mashed bananas, cracked eggs (with only a very little bit of shell- this is why we crack them into a bowl other than the mixing bowl first) and helped fill the cupcake pans. I hope when she owns and operates her own restaurant that I get my own special table and get to eat all my meals there for free. I won't have to save nearly as much money for retirement that way.

I suppose I should be doing something productive...but I'm waiting for my cupcakes to cool. Yeah, that's it. It's not that I'm catching up on blog reading or working on my top-secret knitting project. (hee hee!)

Pictures later.....if the trash can turkey does not draw the Dover FD......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We want to see pictures of this hillbilly turkey...even if the Dover FD shows up!