Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lunar weirdness

I don't think I managed to completely capture the full effect of that almost-full moon last night. I'm going to try again tonight- apparently this will be the largest full moon of the year. At least, it will appear that way since it will be very close to the earth. I think it's a good omen for Lou's coming year, to have the biggest full moon, the Wolf Moon, the night before her birthday. After all, wolves are fierce, she is fierce. It all adds up.

We're going to go out at sunset specifically to look at the moon. Here, though, are pictures I took at around 10:30 last night.
Moon:
And the house
The side yard, lit by the streetlight

It was so cold.....I wore a mitten on the hand I didn't need to take pictures, which made me think about an author/explorer I met in Kittery right before Christmas. He has published a book, filled with beautiful photographs, of his experiences on Everest. He actually lost fingers due to exposure he suffered while taking pictures at the summit. I'm not that committed, but every time I am outside in the cold with my camera I think of him.

Stay warm today!

2 comments:

Pat said...

So hard to believe that she is going to be four tomorrow !! We Love YOU Charlotte!!! Auntie, Uncle Pat and Emma

Lori said...

It's crazy...it really goes so fast....we love you too, and can't wait to see you after your trip!!