Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm not a fan


Vacation has ended. Truthfully, I really did go into work with an open mind....operating under the theory that you get out what you put in, and that if I showed up full of tired and bile and growling nothing good would come of it. And I think it worked: despite lots of nagging annoyances and other, more pervasive problems, it didn't suck as much as it could have. I spent the first hour of my day in an impromptu meeting with the dean, I listened sympathetically and tried to offer solutions. People came into my office and complained, I listened and nodded. For once I did not absorb the stress of those around me. Still, though, I am wiped out.

After I picked Lou up and came home I made a pasta dish from the April issue of Food & Wine, which came together pretty quickly...penne with roasted tomatoes, kalamata olives and soppressata. Yummy.

I think it might be time to fold some towels and maybe have dessert. Maybe some knitting, and definitely early bedtime. It's cold! and I am sleepy.


No comments: