Monday, March 30, 2009

So it was Monday.....

It was a better day at work than it could have been. I am working on getting some of the garbage from Friday crushed into a compact little cube and sent away, as it were. Largely I hid out listening to music, running reports and dealing with the flow of people in and out of my office, although it was a bit more sparse than usual. No problem there.

Tonight we rushed home for dinner, then Lou and I headed off to the pool with the McGoughs....they had a family pass that expires tomorrow, and hey! ending a gray and rainy Monday with a swim is awesome. We ran into some other friends and their kids there and had a great time swimming, playing and just laughing. Ahhh. Now I am in my jammies with damp hair.

And at least there was one thing, prior to tonight, that made me laugh out loud: the new outgoing voicemail message a coworker wrote for me....

Hi. You've reached the voicemail of Lori Nason. Leave a message at your own risk, but before you do, please remember that I control your money, and I know where you live. BEEEEEP.

I am a paragon of stellar customer service.

Here's what we did last night. Yeah, that's my man making meatballs.
And I got myself some flowers on Saturday....because yeah.
Lou loves to play Mousetrap, but what she loves even more is gathering all the mice and pretending that they're desperate to get away...."Help! Let us out!" "No, mice! I will catch you! You can't get away!"
Maybe tomorrow the rain will stop for a while and the sun will come out. Now I am seized by the sudden urge to sing: "....when I'm stuck with a day that's gray and loooonely, I just stick out my chin, and grin, and saaaaaayyyyyyy....."

Yikes. I'll just go back to my beer now.

No comments: