Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Poor neglected blog....

So much going on, so much to report....and me unable to crawl out of my own head long enough to post until now.

I've been taking a lot of time off work this month, which is great. It can also make my work life somewhat difficult as I try to get 5 days of stuff packed into 3 or 4 days. Emails pile up, student issues sit unresolved, reports sit on the network drives without being analyzed and broken into weensy little compartments. It's all nonsense, really- it's not important, and I am trying to retain my perspective. Still. It can be hard, you know?

Now then. Greatest hits of the last three weeks:

Maple-bourbon pecan pie. Note that the crust is many small Christmas trees.
Crafty ornament time. With wine.

The Moo and the Lou



One completed baby sweater (how much do I hate seaming?)

One very good by-product of the many days off I must burn before December 31st: I was able to take the day of the Great Cookie Swap off. I made chocolate-peppermint sugar cookies.

They are much like a peppermint patty....I was inspired by the chocolate-peppermint donut they're doling out at Starbucks these days. A coworker gave me a bite, I decided to figure out how to make a cookie that came close. These cookies- they're better (not that I am bragging, but- okay, I'm bragging). They even have the sparkly sugar on them, because that is how I roll.
I love the fun holiday events....setting aside time to get the kiddos together to do holiday crafts, spending an evening chatting and drinking red wine with friends under the guise of the very mom-like cookie swap. Good stuff.


No comments: