Thursday, March 18, 2010

Last-Minute Mama rides again

Fortunately for the kidlet, I was able to recover from my almost-fumble. We are locked and loaded for kindergarten, with only the doctor's office completion of the school's physical form left to add to what is now her file.

"I hope you know....that this will go down...on your permanent record...."

Today is a bit of a blur; even now I'm not sure how it all happened. Somehow though, possibly through some kind of time warp, I managed to resolve student issues, request refund checks, chase the Business Office manager (fruitlessly, I might add) for help resolving two of said student issues, register the Lou for school, drive to the other office, have one of my (many) weekly meetings, resolve more student issues.....and leave for home an hour late. Then I remembered the laundry detergent we didn't have. Sigh.

You can see why I'm a little manic. It could also be the giant iced coffee I drank at 2:00.

And now I am working, although sort of half-heartedly. I am sure I will regret this when I am ill-prepared for my 9:00 meeting tomorrow, in which I am scheduled to throw down with the Director of Admissions.

No comments: