Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Adventures with wool and hot water

I decided to make the Lou some felted wool mittens for this winter. She picked out the color; I started knitting.

Once finished, they (sort of) fit me:



After a ride in the washing machine in hot water:
I had a feeling that they were still too big.

They dried; I knitted cuffs on them:


I am happy with the finished product- they're beautiful, screaming pink! mittens. The fabric is, well, felt. I love felt- it makes me think of elves, and I find elves amusing (think The Elves and the Shoemaker, not so much Santa's elves). I asked her to try them on, and she agreed. Too big? I asked. "Too big for me, Mama." Obviously the Lou will not be wearing them this winter. I'll put them away.

So now: take 2? Or head to Target? We shall see....




2 comments:

Sri said...

Cute mits! By the way, Deedee saw the scarf you made for me and she wants one. No matter what the price tag. Seriously, she says she will pay you for it!!
You are so talented, sister dear!

Lori said...

Really? I can make one for Deedee...that's no trouble. She will just need to pick out colors. :)