Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday all over again

Busy weekend. We went to a baby shower for friends on Saturday...the men went off to escape the baby stuff and the ladies and children ate and looked at baby stuff and ate some more. The hostess had a little girl just a bit older than the Lou, so she had a good time.

Sunday we headed up to North Conway for Nathan's baptism. He's just shy of three months old. I found it strange that he seemed so big and so small at the same time. I haven't seen him since he was about 6 weeks; you forget how quickly and how drastically they change at that age in such a short time.

After the service Amy's parents hosted a reception in the church hall. They are just such nice people. I realized on the way home that I have known them almost as long as I've known Amy, which is almost 10 years.

After a trip to the library and groceries, we had some quiet time for a bit. Lou was tired and did not seem herself, so we snuggled up on the couch and read stories. I was excited to find the Frog and Toad books by Arnold Lobel at the library. I remember having two or three of them as a child- the I Can Read books that came in the mail!

I have decided that I am Toad and Pete is Frog. For those who have not read the books, Toad is the pessimist- he hides in his bed rather than clean his house. Frog usually persuades Toad to do what he should be doing and cajoles him out of his grouchy moods. And Toad is fiercely devoted to Frog. In one story, he swims to an island with a picnic lunch because he thinks Frog may be lonely.

Then Lou tended to her babies:



Then dinner and bedtime. Then vegging on the couch for tired parents.

And Monday. Another term start next week, orientations this week. It will become really busy by the end of the week, and then it will all be a blur until November 3rd. Today I ran out to the fabric store at lunchtime to pick up some supplies for Halloween costumes. We'll see how that goes. Lou refuses to commit to a costume idea. I've decided to invoke executive privilege (I am the Mama and have to make said costume, therefore a decision will be made) and have purchased tulle, glitter, ribbon and various other girly things. More on that as it develops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Frog and Toad story. Can you read bedtime stories to me, please?
Ahh...must be so nice to be a kid.