Tuesday, November 02, 2010

A Tuesday, but a better one

This morning was so much smoother than yesterday, and really shouldn't have been. I've got some weird sore-throat thing going on and my little friend cried when it was time to get up because she was "so tired, Mama!" But I was patient, and didn't complain. It got better. She was happy and laughing when the bus came, ran to me with a giant hug, and off she went.

I decided to take a different approach to a term start morning today. Instead of hiding on the couch glued to the laptop or a book, resenting the fact that it's term start and may not be an easy day, I cleaned bathrooms and vacuumed and threw some laundry in. Hoping to leave the house soon to go vote and take care of some errands before heading to Salem. See? Working late can be useful...the post office, library and polls are quieter this time of day.

Oh! and I have a new recipe favorite to share...from Tasty Kitchen, a cinnamon swirl coffee cake that is ridiculously easy and SO yummy. I used my largest springform and took it to breakfast in Hampton Falls, and I came back with less than half a cake. (I omitted the pecans to suit various non-nut-eaters). I brought the remains to work yesterday and it disappeared in less than 2 hours. I am thinking this might be a perfect breakfast bite for pre-Thanksgiving festivities.

The ninja tiger enjoyed it.


One last thing, kind of random....interesting piece of Yogi tea wisdom this morning:
If your word does not reflect your spirit and honor, do not speak.

No comments: